Emergency Dental Care
Dental emergencies are unexpected and can wreak havoc on your daily schedule. A painful toothache makes it hard to concentrate on anything else.
At Snyder & Winks Dental, we understand that when you or a loved one has a dental emergency in Ohio, you need relief fast. We offer convenient office hours at our three locations in Willoughby, Euclid, and Lyndhurst with time in our schedule to accommodate emergency patients’ needs and instructions for help after hours.
Get the Emergency Dental Care You Need
In the event of a dental emergency, we always encourage our patients to contact Snyder & Winks Dental first. Hospital emergency rooms are typically not equipped to handle tooth emergencies, so we can save you time, money, and get you the relief you need faster when you call us first.
Some of the dental emergencies we handle are:
- Avulsed or knocked-out teeth – Contact our dental office as soon as you can to ensure the best chance of saving your tooth.
- Toothaches or dental pain – You may have an infected tooth if you’re experiencing pain. Don’t wait to contact your emergency dentist in Willoughby.
- Broken dentures or partials – Don’t live without the function of your teeth and smile. We can help repair broken dentures.
- Lost or broken restorations – Unfortunately, dental crowns and fillings don’t last forever. If you’ve lost or broken an old restoration, contact us to have it repaired or replaced.
- Chipped or broken tooth – If your tooth is cracked or chipped, no matter how big or small, contact our dental office to have it fixed, so it doesn’t hurt or irritate your cheeks or tongue.
Preventing Dental Emergencies
While some situations like a knocked-out tooth are out of your control, there are others like a dental infection that you can avoid. Many dental emergencies can be prevented with just a little effort on your part.
Consistent preventive cleanings and checkups every six months can help you avoid tooth decay, which can lead to a dental infection if it is left untreated. Your hygienist will remove the plaque buildup that causes cavities, and your dentist can detect tooth decay early on so you can treat it with a simple filling if necessary.
Did you know that nearly half of dental emergencies are sports related? You can prevent many sports injuries by wearing a custom mouth guard to protect your teeth and mouth during sports activities. Your team at Snyder & Winks Dental is happy to recommend the right protective wear for you or your child’s particular sport.
Don’t hesitate to contact Snyder & Winks Dental if you or a loved need an emergency dentist in Euclid, Lyndhurst, or Willoughby, OH.